COVID-19 PRACTICE UPDATE
We are still OPEN and plan to stay OPEN to support our patients throughout the Covid-19 pandemic
Important information before your appointment
- Face to face appointments are now available to all patients at our Norwest rooms.
- All patients will need to email or fax us your referral, blood tests and other relevant results before we can proceed with a telehealth consult or triage your new referral.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 8624 4769
- If you are sick - please let us know as soon as you are able so that we can reschedule your appointment.
- If you are slightly unwell, waiting for a covid result or living with someone who is - please let us know so that we can convert your appointment to a telehealth consult.
- Please arrive only at your scheduled appointment time.
- Come alone if possible & use the hand sanitiser when you arrive and before you leave the premises.
- Autoimmune disorders including lupus, vasculitis and scleroderma
- Autoantibodies, including ANA, ANCA, ENA & dsDNA
- Urticaria and angioedema (acute or chronic)
- PhD in B-cell immunodeficiency disorders at the Garvan Institute for Medical Research
- Investigation and management of recurrent infections and immunodeficiency, including Common Variable Immunodeficiency (CVID).
- Allergies, including allergic rhinitis, food allergy and atopic dermatitis
- Skin prick testing for the diagnosis of IgE-mediated allergic disease (same day as appointment if off antihistamines)
- Immunotherapy (desensitisation) - subcutaneous and sublingual
Dr Lucinda Berglund
Staff Specialist Westmead Hospital
Clinical Senior Lecturer University of Sydney
Dr Lucinda Berglund is a clinical immunologist and allergist for adults and teenagers aged 10 or older. She is available to see patients weekly at Lakeview Private Hospital (LVP) Norwest.
Dr Berglund is a Staff Specialist in Clinical Immunology, Immunopathology and Allergy at Westmead hospital. A graduate of the University of New South Wales, she completed physician training at Concord Hospital, and specialist Immunology, Allergy and Immunopathology training at Westmead Hospital, before completing a PhD in B-cell immunodeficiency disorders at the Garvan Institute for Medical Research. She is a Clinical Senior Lecturer at the University of Sydney and is active in teaching and research, with a number of publications on Common Variable Immunodeficiency and B-cell biology. She is also an active member of the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA).
Dr Berglund's practice encompasses all areas of immunology and allergy. She has a particular interest in the assessment and management of recurrent infections and low antibody levels. She is also interested in autoantibodies, lupus, ANCA-positive vasculitis and other connective tissue diseases, and chronic urticaria. She has a dedicated nurse who can provide skin prick testing for the diagnosis of allergic disease at the time of your consultation, if you have avoided antihistamines in the preceding three days. Dr Berglund can also prescribe subcutaneous or sublingual immunotherapy, if indicated.
She provides in-depth and caring assessment of all her patients.
All Appointments: (02) 8711 0160
To get the most out of your appointment please bring the following:
Referral from your doctor
Medicare card, DVA card, Pension Card
Recent blood tests and scan results
Hard copies of any CT scans, Ultrasounds, MRI or Xrays when available
Correspondence from other specialists and names of any doctors you attend
A list of your current medications and their doses
If possible, patients should avoid antihistamines for 3 days prior to their appointment if skin prick testing is required.
- Contact Us
IMMUNOLOGY - ALLERGY - IMMUNODEFICIENCY